Friday 14 August 2009

Bontrager 24/12 The aftermath....

Well that was a bit tough! Sorry for the slow update! Just about come round from my daze.

Yet again a cracking event, great course although tougher than last year with what seemed like endless climbing (340mtrs) each lap.
Awesome BBQ on friday from the guys at Trek uk with one of the best wines i've ever tasted provided by Keith Bontrager himself who joined us and laughed at the dogs playing up!

Race started and as much as id love to give a lap by lap account i have no idea what happened! Stand out things were:
Cramp lap 5...not good, slapped myself drank more and improved.
About 9pm felt sick needed salt and a cup of tea.
Darkness fell...course got slippery
Early hours...i fell down, bounced (hip) on stump...landed knee 1st on another stump...sat in the dark on my own for a while...nearly cried...man in Totoo picked me up and cuddled me, helped me clip in and sent me on my way. (Yes it did happen, man is on STW)
Last lap fully in the zone of being spaced out..fell down in the solo pit. Embarrassing...

Finished 14th Solo :-) with 17 laps. Felt rough and fell asleep alot afterwards, and for about 10days!
Think this pic sums it up..
http://www.joolzedymond.com/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewImage=49069&zoom=yes&q=55

Would i do it again??? Hell yes Top 10 next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment